December 29, 2016[edit | edit source]
- Added factions and reputation.
- You can now filter the Chat UI.
- Rewrote the function that checks when a mob/player should be aggroed. It now uses the faction and reputation system.
- More slight mob and ability rebalancing.
- Mana regen has been rescaled.
- Added level 6 crabs to the outskirts of the poor district in Fjolgard.
- Added a small temple to Fjolgard where players can respawn after death.
- Mobs in the estuary now grant Gaekatla rep.
- Items (and as a direct result; mobs) were generating without armor.
- Mobs were generating with the lowest possible hp instead of the average.
- Fixed a bug where the augment UI would show undefined0/x for required materials when you have zero of the required material.
- Fixed a bug where Loot Slot quests would crash the server.
- Fixed a bug where out of combat mana regen would be slower than in combat in certain cases.
December 26, 2016[edit | edit source]
- Added an in-game leaderboard.
- Fixed a bug where blueprint items (like the family heirloom) didn't drop with all the defined stats.
- The function that calculated spell DPS for tooltips was still using an old formula. Changed it to use the new one that was developed during the rebalance.
NOTE: Your character won't appear on the leaderboard until you've logged in with said character again.
December 24, 2016[edit | edit source]
- Rebalanced all spells to be in line with magic missile (which I used during the rebalance to make sure everything was in line). Will tweak over time.
- Players will no longer be asked to collect 'tool' type items for a quest.
- Fixed a server crash when a mob drops a spell.
- Fixed a bug where players would get non integer amounts of xp.
December 22, 2016[edit | edit source]
- Prophecies: When creating a new character, you can choose which prophecies you want to apply to your character. Many more prophecies will be added in the coming months.
- Hardcore Mode: See Prophecies.
- Zone files can now define how far a specific mob may move from its spawning point. This is also used for mobs that shouldn't walk around, like guards in the city.
- Secret Areas: Areas of a map can now be defined as secret. These areas appear different until you walk into them. There are probably no secret areas ingame at the moment so don't bother looking for them.
- Dialogues: You can now talk to the hermit as well as Estrid, the alchemist in the city.
- Chatters: Certain mobs can now randomly say things that appear above their heads.
- Shops: You can now buy and sell things to certain mobs.
- Abilities are now linked to elements: Physical, Fire, Frost, Holy, Arcane and Poison.
- Added a 'news' section to the login UI.
- Certain mobs can now be defined as 'unattackable'.
- Added a new area: the city. This area is still heavily under construction. Feel free to run around in it though.
- Every single aspect of balance has been redone. I'll be tweaking it during the next few months.
- All Attributes (Adds int, dex and str)
- Add % Damage (Gives a flat increase to damage)
- Add % [Element] Damage
- [Element] Resistance
- All Resistance
- % Increased XP
- Restyled the login and character selection screens
- Changed the way the game renders tiles. The new way is much more optimal and allows me to make larger areas. The city is 240x240 whereas the first island is 109x108
October 9, 2016[edit | edit source]
- New weapon type: Spear. These weapons have a melee range of 2
- Fixed a bug where Loot X of Y from Z quests never dropped the item
- Fixed a rare server crash related to using both charge and fireblast
- Fixed a server crash that happened when using a melee ability under very specific circumstances
October 4, 2016[edit | edit source]
- Tab targeting
- Individual Loot. Even in parties. If you contributed to a kill or are in a party who did, you have an equal chance of getting loot as everyone else
- The item context menu now has dividers between equip / augment and drop, salvage, destroy
- Spell tooltips (not the runes themselves) now show dmg/healing per tick (takes into account the cooldown)
- The Spells UI is now visible above the overlay when the inventory is open. This way you can see how dmg changes when changing gear without closing the inventory first
- Low level mobs on the island now have a higher item drop chance than before. The opposite is true for higher level mobs on the island
- All drops now have a 70% chance to include a stat that's useful to the player (based on what spells he has equipped)
- Different armor types now have different max values for the 'armor' stat. Plate > Leather > Cloth
- Fixed a bug where theoretically it was possible to have enough armor to actually heal yourself when taking damage from mobs that are below your level
- Fixed an issue where the first player to join a zone after a server reset would not be able to loot anything
October 2, 2016[edit | edit source]
- Most gear slots now roll items with armor on
- The max value for armor has been increased on the generator
- Armor has been completely rescaled in how it mitigates damage
- Character deletion
- All basic attacks are now slightly stronger
- Salvaging higher quality items now gives slightly less materials than before
- Crystal spikes now get double benefit from int and dex (0.5 up from 0.25)
- Mobs on the main island have had their levels and hp rebalanced to better suit starting-out players
- Fireblast cooldown has been increased to 15ticks (up from 10)
- Fireblast now scales its damage less per int than before
- Added a portal to the boss room of the estuary to get back out
- The smithing UI now shows have/need for materials, not the other way around
- The targeted mob UI now shows ceil(hp) instead of floor(hp) so as to avoid showing 0hp while the mob is still alive
- Rune tooltips no longer display the rune level since rune levels carry no weight at the moment
- Small server performance enhancements
- Aesthetic modifications to the first island and estuary
- Made ground and wall tiles very slightly dimmer
- The movement reticle now moves very slightly slower when holding down keys
- When you loot an item slot that you don't have equipped yet, you will auto-equip the item
- New Mouse Reticle
- You can no longer stash starter items
- You can no longer charge through walls
- Hovering over a new item in your inventory cleared the 'new' text but never showed the quantity in the case that it was a stackable item
- Regular mobs in dungeons weren't abiding to their specified magic-find values
- Boss rooms now correctly only spawn at the end of a dungeon
- When a mob kills a player far away from his spawn point and the spawn point was in a named room (like hermit's hut) the mob would never move back
- Weapon spells weren't properly displaying their quality
- You can no longer choose to salvage a starter item from the inventory context menu
- Pressing escape wasn't hiding the overlay after using the stash
- It was possible to loot quest items (like Elk Antlers) even after gathering enough to complete the quest
- Mobs with preset loot (like the seagull on the tutorial map) were still just dropping random loot
- Completing a quest while in a different zone than the one you obtained the quest in would give the wrong amount of xp
- Failing an augment doesn't remove the power indicator from the tooltip in the inventory
- Equipping a new weapon when you already have 3 runes and a weapon equipped, both weapons would appear as equipped
- After augmenting an item, vit appears as hpMax in the tooltip
- Pressing esc while having a context menu open now closes the context menu
September 29, 2016[edit | edit source]
- The way runes are stored in the DB has been completely redone. The old way didn't allow me to rescale runes owned by players. Now, any changes I make will reflect ingame and as such, won't require me to remove runes from players again in the future. The new way also takes up about 5x less space in the DB!
- All runes have been rebalanced. The current design choice is that basic abilities should do very little damage and stronger abilities should be cast more frequently. Ultimately: using cool abilities more often = more fun!
- Found an issue where rare and champion mobs weren't taking into account that they should have more MF for drops
- Made the inventory UI center vertically on narrower viewports
- Fixed a bug where you could get double stat augments on certain items
- Reflect Damage, Holy Vengeance and Stealth Runes have been removed from the game. I wasn't happy with how they interacted and scaled so I'll be reworking them before adding them back.
September 28, 2016[edit | edit source]
- Instances now scale to the level of the player (Estuary is a +2 instance)
- Added a new spell that benefits from two different stats. I wonder who'll get it first?
- Power indicator in item tooltip to show how many times it's been augmented
- Smithing now shows you how much of a mat you have available
- Clerics now spawn with maces by default (not swords)
- You can now augment an item from the inventory context menu
- The max roll for regenMana is now 7 (down from 9)
- The max roll for addCritChance is now 80 (down from 90)
- The max roll for magicFind is now 15 (down from 20)
September 27, 2016[edit | edit source]
- You can now scour augmented items to return them to their original state
September 26, 2016[edit | edit source]
- A randomly generated dungeon at the north-east of the island (regenerates every hour and resets as soon as empty)
- Spells can now drop in the form of runes and are randomly generated. You'll be able to equip any spell (even from other classes)
- You can now use your salvaged materials to augment your items and add new stats to them
August 21, 2016[edit | edit source]
- You can now salvage Leather Scraps from certain items
- New stat: Sprint Chance that allows you to move two squares instead of one
- Warrior attacks now deal more aggro
- Item stats are now distributed with a normal distribution (previously uniform)
- Character screen now auto-selects the first character
- Character screen now shows the selected character's level and class
- Fixed a server crash that happened rarely when mobs tried to pathfind to buggy coordinates
- The inventory now renders over the quest log
- Sometimes, spells would come off cooldown but still show a thin red line (cooldown would seem stuck)